Thursday, July 16, 2009

Breakthrough

I have great news to report! It would seem that Jamison and I have reached an understanding with each other. After a couple of very difficult days here in Fuzhou, we have had a breakthrough. The story is a little long, but suffice it to say that he has not had any big fits, meltdowns, breakdowns or outbursts in two days now. He really seems to understand that I want to help him and that I am on his side. He is letting me hug him and kiss him again, and he is letting me tell him that I love him with out him yelling “NO!!” he is relaxing and he is trying very hard to understand and to be understood. I can’t tell you the peace of mind it has given me seeing him interact in such a healthy way. It is extremely encouraging.

Tomorrow night we leave Fuzhou and go to Guangzhou…yet another test of our brand new relationship. Each place we travel in china takes us a little further away from what is safe and familiar to him, and a little closer to coming to the united states, the biggest test yet. I have a lot of confidence in him at this point, though. He is just so very smart. I really think, given time, he will do very well.

To say that I am amazed by his spirit and determination would be a gross understatement. I am flabbergasted at his resilience. It is overwhelming to think of all that he has gone through and is going through…..and he is willing to keep trying. He is willing to love. He is willing to be loved. His heart and spirit are going to take him far. I am so, so happy that I will be here to see where he ends up. What an incredible, unspeakable honor.

8 comments:

  1. YAY GOD!!! Heather, we are so thrilled! May God continue to give Jamison peace and trust in the midst of so many new unknowns. We are so happy for you two, for Scott and the rest of the boys, and for hearts being healed. Keep the updates coming... we are praying you two home.

    love,

    mcvetys

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is beyond amazing how these children are so resilient - it is so much a God provision in their lives to accept everything new and unknown. We cont to pray for your bonding and praise God that in His wisdom He chose YOU to be Jamison's Mom!! "do not grow weary in doing good ..."
    In His strength alone! Mary K

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such good news! We continue to pray for Jamison and you all. Thanks for the update.

    Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and waiting for Eli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee!!! So glad to read this report. I knew it would happen, he would turn the corner. It's just a big corner to turn. Keeping you all in our hearts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad Hayer! He sounds like a smart, sweet boy that I could stand to learn a few lessons from.
    Love you all.
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ni Hao Heather!
    I have been following your blog and want to encourage you to stay strong. I am guessing you are missing your first five babies, your routine and probably your own water and bed! :) I'm glad Jamison is allowing for a temporary break for the two of you. I'm sure he's exhausted also.
    We are pulling for you both, and will be on the other end of the phone whenever you need us when you get home. I will email the info to you about the man in MN who can help you alot with the blind issues.
    I can't wait to hear details when we see you in August.
    Warmly, Kellie (and Jamie, of course! haha!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather,
    This was a beautiful post! Prayers are being answered! We will keep praying for you both!
    :-)
    -Nicole

    ReplyDelete